Monday, August 20, 2012

Taiwanese Braised Beef noodles



I have not been to Taiwan yet, but I had a chance to eat Taiwanese braised beef noodles cooked by my dear Taiwanese friend years ago. Many years later, I decided to recreate the taste I have eaten and it is very similar. My family enjoyed it and I hope you will try it too! I used pressure cooker in this recipe to speed up the time, if not, you could always boil the beef till tender and soft.

Here's the ingredients:

1 clove of garlic
1 large onion, halved
1 carrot sliced into chunks
4 tomatoes
1kg beef muscle.

3 bowls of water, about 1.5l
2 teaspoon dark soy,
2 teaspoon light soy,
2 teaspoon rice vinegar,
1 teaspoon sugar
1 star anise

Noodles from teabox, a Taiwanese store from sembawang shopping centre. Alternatively you can get dried packed udon, as long as the noodles selected is chewy.

1. Stir fry garlic, onions, carrots, tomatoes and beef until fragrant and slightly softened.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and use pressure cooker cook. Alternatively stew the beef till tender.
3. Remove oil from the surface of the soup.
4. According to the instructions of your chosen noodles, cook it, wash in cold water and drain.
5. Add soup to a serving of noodles and enjoy!

Inspiring yummy mummies
PoshPearl

No comments:

Post a Comment