Puff pastries are really yummy and we pay an average of $1-5 for 1 pcs of pastry. But it is actually very easy and fast to have yummy pastries at home. I use pampas pastry. I chose this brand as it uses butter. Butter based pastries will be more fragrant. It's frozen and all you need to do is to use cookie cutters to cut out the Shapes you want! Brush with egg wash and send into the oven!
My daughter loves prawns and cheese so I made her this cheesy creamy prawns in a star shaped puff pastry!
This is a very easy recipe and I hope you will try it out soon!
Pampas puff pastry 2 sheets
1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese
5 tablespoon of full cream milk
6 prawns ( I used frozen prawns to have the crunchy effect.)
1 egg, beaten
Big and small star cookie cutters
Faces cut out using Seaweed
1. Preheat oven at 180deg Celsius.
Do not defrost puff pastry. Only bring it out when you are ready to work with it. Slice pastries into halves and stack. You will have 4 layer of pastries.
2. Use a big star cookie cutter and press firmly through the pastries, followed by the small star cookie cutters.
3. Remove 3 small star pastries, leaving 1 in the bottom.
4. Glaze beaten egg over the pastries and send them into preheated oven for 8 minutes. Turn other the other side. And bake for 3 minutes so that both sides will be crispy. Remove and cool them.
5. In low heat cook milk till it bubbles. Mix in cheddar cheese and prawns. Turn off the fire after 3 minutes.
6. Serve the prawns in the pastry and watch your child with a big grin on their face as they see and eat it!
Inspiring yummy mummies