Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Refreshing Thai Seafood vermicelli salad in homemade Thai spicy sauce

As promised, I will be showing you how to whip up dishes using the homemade Thai spicy sauce I have made.
When I think of thai food, i think of fresh tiger prawns and squids! Hence I paired them up with vermicelli and U used Korean vermicelli instead to add texture to the dish.
I have tried a few brands and I like it that Sing Long's vermicelli doesn't turn soggy or sticky. I also made sure my seafood is not over cooked by tasting it and soaking it in icy water to ensure it is crunchy!

I hope you will like this recipe as much as my family do.


Here's the Ingredients:

2 tablespoon of homemade Thai spicy sauce
Recipe for sauce can be found
here:

http://mummyposhpearl.blogspot.sg/2012/08/thai-sweet-and-spicy-sauce.html

Other ingredients:
1 can straw mushrooms sliced into halves
500g sing long brand vermicelli (avail at Sheng Siong and Giant)
500g tiger prawns deveined and tail-on
500g squids sliced
12 cherry tomatoes

1. In boiling water cook vermicelli for 5 minutes, drain and wash in cold water and refrigerate.
2. In another pot of boiling water, cook prawns and squids for about 3 minutes, or until cooked.
3. Drain and set seafood in a bowl of cold water with ice.
4. Reboil the seafood water and place
Straw mushrooms in for 2-3 minutes, drain in cold water.
5. Remove refrigerated vermicelli and drain under cold water to prevent clumps.
6. Drain and toss everything together in sauce and chill in the refrigerator for another 10 minutes.
7. Serve with lime and fish sauce of you desire.

Inspiring yummy mummies
PoshPearl

No comments:

Post a Comment