Ready to use Black pepper sauce has never been a choice for me. Had bad experiences with it being too sticky, too spicy or too salty. Hence, I was pleasantly surprised when KCT's black pepper sauce for crabs turned out to be good enough for restaurants or Zhi Char stalls to serve onto the customer's plate with no qualms paying a standard price per portion. To begin with, I must highlight that the goodness of KCT products lies in NO MSG used despite it being tasty. Also, the Spiciness and consistency is just nice. I reckon this sauce with go well for the following dishes:
-Black pepper seafood pasta
-black pepper beef stir fry
-black pepper crabs as stated
-black pepper tempura soft shell crabs
Today, I used Shabu Shabu pork collar meat and along with the recipe, I will provide tips for the pork to stay tender.
500g Shabu Shabu pork collar defrosted, pat dry
Sliced yellow onions
1 tablespoon cooking oil
2-4 tablespoon of KCT black pepper sauce (Store the balance in an air tight container and keep it in the fridge until next use.)
1. Heat wok on medium heat.
2. Place in capsicums and onions and sauté until tender.
3. Use hands to peel off the Shabu slices, as it would be more evenly cooked as opposed to slices sticking together, and place in wok.
4. Use chopsticks and stir fry the slices.
5. When pork is still half cooked, add KCT sauce and continue to stir fry till every piece is coated with sauce.
6. Tip: When pork is 80% cooked, turn off fire And spread every slice onto wok to use the remaining heat from the wok to cook the meat. In this way, it will be tender and not over cooked.
7. Serve promptly with a nice hot bowl of rice.
Inspiring Yummy Mummies