Sunday, February 2, 2014

Oven baked crispy seaweed popiah skin! No oil used!

So we like these seaweed popiah skin but the idea of frying really turns me off, especially when I think about the amount of oil used. So I decided to used my trusty oven instead to do the job and the effect is just as crispy and no oil needed at all! So there's no after oily taste in the mouth! 

My kids love it and after eating their hands are still dry and clean.
We also made it into sticks because my kids love eating biscuit sticks so the idea of making these into sticks as well makes it more appealing to them! 

My elder daughter was also very helpful to help me to peel the popiah skin and this helped to speed up the process.

Hope your family will like this healthier recipe too!

Ingredients
Defrosted large popiah skin
Large seaweed sheets (those for wrapping sushi rolls)
Egg white

1. Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius.
2. Spread out a piece of popiah skin and apply egg white sparingly to make sure there is stickiness for the seaweed to adhere to.
3. Place seaweed on top and adhere firmly.
4. Apply egg white sparingly to make sure there is stickiness for the second popiah skin to adhere to.
5. Place the second popiah skin on top and adhere firmly.

So now you should have one seaweed sheet sandwiched between two popiah skin. 

6. When your desired number of pieces are ready, use a pair of scissors to cut them into long strips.

7. Bake for 10 minutes or so, checking to see if it's crispy before removing. I checked by breaking a piece. If it snaps immediately, it is definitely crispy and ready!


8. Let them cool completely before storing into airtight containers! 


Inspiring Yummy Mummies 
Poshpearl


No comments:

Post a Comment