Sometimes when you get sick and tired of cream pasta and thick tomato sauce pasta, you wish you have other alternatives that are healthier and lighter. That's how I felt today in Sunny Singapore at a scorching 34 degree Celsius.
So I made this quick pasta as I did not want to stay in the kitchen for too long and both my daughters, Trinity and Tiffany loves it and they wiped out their lunch quickly! you can make this pasta within 15 minutes if you prepare your ingredients before hand.
(serves 2 children and 1 adult)
A portion of angel hair
8 Peeled prawns
2 tomatoes sliced into 8 pieces each
1 clove garlic minced
2 small shallots sliced
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup Maggi no MSG chicken stock
A pinch of salt (optional)
Freshly cracked pepper
1. Place angel hair in boiling water and cook for one and a half minute. Stirring occasionally. No need to add oil and salt as this will allow pasta to absorb the broth better. Drain well and set aside.
2. Heat wok. Add olive oil.
3. Add shallot and garlic and brown them under low heat.
4. Add prawns and remove from heat when it's cooked.
5. In the same wok with the remaining oil, garlic and shallots, add tomatoes and chicken stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Taste. Add salt if necessary.
7. Add angel hair and prawns. Toss the ingredients well and remove from heat.
8. Garnish with freshly cracked black pepper and dill.
Inspiring Yummy Mummies